I’m a little late on the weekend roundup, but I have good excuses – foot surgery and I’m in Elk County. Regardless, I’d hate for you to stumble through the rest of this weekend without a clue what to do, so here’s the rundown:
- In response to a Pennlive forum inquiry, Flinchy’s says they can make your entree gluten-free, anytime, by request. Also, be sure to ask for their vampire wine from Transylvania – just in time for Halloween.
- HYP has a new website – go there for details on Monday’s Movie Night at Midtown Cinema or Wednesday’s Debate Watch Party at the Hilton.
There’s more after the jump.
- From 11 a.m. to 7 p.m., stop by the Capital City Mall for the Central PA Blood Drive and give blood (if you can) to help the Central Pennsylvania Blood Bank.
- Have you been to Niko’s? The trip down to Lebanon is certainly worth it. Make the escape this week – Oct. 14-18 – and check out Niko’s Oktoberfest, featuring beer and food specials and beer tastings.
- It’s Halloween at Fort Hunter from 6:30-8:30 p.m. on Oct. 15, 16, 22, 23 and 29. $10 per child includes pumpkin-carving, hayrides, storytelling and more. Adults enter free with children.
- The FireHouse hosts the “Hottest Of” Volunteer Firefighter charity event on Thursday, Oct. 16 from 7-9 p.m. Um, don’t miss it.
- The Maennerchor now has free wi-fi. Now you can blog and watch the game over cheap beer and good company.