Weekend roundup 3/13
Hit: fantastic, fun birthday party and the best, most fabulous friends
Miss: waking up with pink eye; continuing to lose voice
Ugh, still trying to get over this virus, and today I’m quietly relaxing at home. I may run a few errands, but mostly this is a laying low kind of day and night. Tomorrow is the annual shopping trip with my mom for my birthday, and then she’s cooking me a delicious dinner on Sunday night. While I’m making the most of my 30th, here’s what’s happening around town:
- Friendly Sons host their annual St. Patty’s Day bash tonight at Dragonfly. $25 ticket includes beer, wine and food from Zia’s. Live bands to boot. E-mail to buy tickets.
- Antique Auto Museum in Hershey is hosting a community weekend – admission is just $5.
- Animal lovers will enjoy PawsAbilities at the Farm Show Sat & Sun.
- Saturday, Impact Band is at Hollywood Casino
- Open Stage celebrates its 10th year anniversary performance of Anne Frank on Saturday.
- HMAC‘s newly opened Stage on Herr hosts The Black Twigs and Jack Rose for a fundraiser on Saturday. Tix are $10 and benefit the Greater Harrisburg Arts Council.
- Troegs has released its award-winning scratch beer, Flying Mouflan. Available in the Troegs Gift Shoppe starting today.
- And how could I neglect this – it’s March Madness time. Check your favorite sports bars for beer and food specials.