Hopefully by now you've shoveled or plowed your way out of the Snowpacalypse. In some ways I miss my days of walking to the smattering of bars that open during blizzards no matter what, but I must admit there's some comfort in being snowed in your own home, cooking and catching up with the Tivo.
This weekend is Valentine's Day and of course there are tons of specials and event. We're opting for the 4-course dinner and chocolate and wine pairing at Zia's at Red Door (with Derry Church Artisan Chocolates).
Don't miss your opportunity to win free chocolates – simply comment on this post and re-tweet it for a second entry.
On Saturday, stop by The Hershey Story between 10:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. and purchase a copy of my book, Hershey: A Guide to the Town Built on Chocolate. I'll be signing copies in front of the gift shop.
There's aplenty going on this weekend, so let's get to it:
- Head to Troegs today at 2 p.m. for their Firkin Kick-Off event.
- It's Songwriter Duo Night at HMAC.
- The HodgePodgery has Knitting 101 tonight at 8:30 p.m.
- DJ Sizzors gets things moving at Ceoltas tonight.
- Tomorrow, check out the Salvation Army 100 for $100 art show and silent auction at Gallery Blu.
- Midtown Scholar presents Stand with Haiti, a fundraiser, on Friday night.
- By Saturday, check out Nate Myers & the Aces at ABC for no cover charge.
- The Hackensaw Boys show up at the Chameleon Club on Saturday.
- Ceoltas features – not rye, not pumpernickel – but the White Bread Band on Saturday night.
- Cruise Control gets 'em dancing at Stock's on Second.
- Savannah's on Hanna is offering free cover charge for couples on Valentine's Day.
- Check out the Valentine's Day specials at Doc's and the new Old Naples.
- Hershey Theatre is showing An Affair to Remember on Valentine's Day. Swoon.
- XPN presents Cheryl Wheeler at Midtown Scholar on Sunday.
- McGrath's Pub hosts open mic night on Mondays.
- Mimi Brodeur checked out Sweets at The Hotel Hershey. Read it here.