Weekend roundup 6/17
This weekend is jam-packed. Tonight is yoga walking & wine because I've been I am a major gym slacker, but things start pretty bright and early on Saturday, when my (local) bridesmaids and I take a road trip to Elizabethtown and Hershey on the hunt for a suitable dress for my best gals. We'll lunch in Hershey (I haven't narrowed down where just yet …), and wrap things up in Harrisburg.
This, unfortunately, will leave no time to attend this year's Day of Wine & Roses at Hershey Gardens, one of my favorite events there. I remember fondly losing the grape-stomping competition to WHP21's Tom Russell (c'mon he has bigger feet) several years ago.
Saturday evening, we're going to check out the summer fun that is Mountain View Food & Spirits at Roundtop. Live music, crab legs — hope the weather holds for us.
And Sunday is Dad's day. I've offered to take Pa to lunch and then to Starbucks, but we haven't narrowed down that location – open to suggestions, west shore preferred. By night, the fiance and I tackle a second engagement photo session with Klose Photography at Hersheypark – cool, right?
If you're schedule is bit more laid-back this weekend, read on for ways to fill up your days and nights:
- Tonight, check out the Sex and the City Party at Level 2 with Changes Salon & Day Spa.
- Enjoy a wine tasting at Zia's at Red Door from 5:30-7:30 p.m.
- Tomorrow, Harrisburg's "All Star" band, The Refugees, take on the night at ABC.
- Ceoltas hosts Jonnie Chimpo.
- Ye Old Ale House celebrates 25 years with Jager & VegasFuel promotion.
- I can still remember my sister performing in our middle school's version of "1776." A grown-up version starts its run at Fishing Creek Playhouse on Friday.
- Of course, Saturday is Troegs' Harrisburg Brewers Fest.
- Find the Kenton Shelley Band at Flinchy's on Friday and at the
Grotto Pub on Saturday.
- You know it's summer when … By Saturday, Acoustic Synergy hits the stage at the Caddyshack.
- Cafe Zooka in Hershey has a new menu.
- The Cornlickers liven the stage at the Midtown Tavern Saturday night.
- Arooga's is hosting the Ultimate Fighter Finale on Saturday night with no cover at any location.
- The Greatest Funeral Ever, with guests Ten Tigers, rock the HMAC house.
- Sunday is Father's Day. Get him a steak and beer at Brew 22.
- Don't miss furniture, firearms, jewelry and tools at Cordier Antiques Estate Auction this Sunday.