Weekend roundup 10/14
After my lovely bridal shower last weekend, I'm ready to relax. I'm hoping up to catch up with my DVR, perhaps with a few girlfriends over wine and to finally paint my home office. I'm thinking a blue-ish green.
I was looking forward to catching the Steelers game at a friend's house on Sunday (I was even planning to bring peanut butter banana bread), but the stinky NFL won't let CBS 21 carry it here. So … it's either the radio or a bar. I like to watch the Steelers at Garrason's Tavern. What's your favorite spot to catch your team?
Two days remain to enter to win a $50 gift card to The FireHouse Restaurant.
Lots of Halloween events are starting to crop up, so be sure to keep those on your radar, if you're into tricks and treats. Read on for more:
- The Whole Cannoli (St. John's Church Rd, Mech.) is hosting a jam session tonight. Get a complimentary glass of wine; full menu available all night.
- HMAC hosts The Hot Seats and Hymn for Her opening tonight.
- Beer Alert: ABC is releasing Tripleocity at 6 p.m. in all locations tonight (brewed in Camp Hill; limited availability in Harrisburg and Gettysburg).
- Tomorrow night is Harrisburg's 3rd in the Burg. See my column Friday for highlights. Also: Midtown Scholar's Yellow Wall Gallery will host a reception for "MOTLEY;" Jeff Johnson's latest works at Mantis; and
- Hersheypark in the Dark starts Friday night. For a full list of Hershey's Halloween offerings, visit HalloweeninHershey.com.
- More Halloween Happenings from The Patriot-News.
- The Historic Harrisburg Association has Mansions and Moguls of Old Front Street Tour from 10 a.m. to noon.
- Saturday morning, join HYP for their Forster Street Clean-up.
- After, swing by the Maennerchor for their Oktoberfest celebration.
- Rocky Horror Picture Show fans can catch the flick at Hershey Theatre on Saturday at 11:59 p.m.
- Hollywood Casino has Mustang Sally at Hollywood on the Roof.
- Camp Hill's Fredricksen Library is hosting a Monster Mash Murder Mystery Dinner on Saturday.
- Surely you want to be a part of the "World's Largest Pie Fight."
- Devon Seafood Grill's next wine dinner is on Sunday. Read my review of their last one here.
- Hauser Estate Winery is hosting a grape stomping party on Sunday.
- Aaron Lewis of Staind performs at Hershey Theatre.
- Monday night, cigar aficionados can gather at The FireHouse with The Tobacco Co. for their monthly cigar dinner.
- Also on Monday, '80s surf punk band (who knew they even were still around?), Agent Orange, takes the stage at ABC.