Sara’s Kitchen: Bean Dip
The word “bean” may initially lead you to believe this is boring or healthy. Don’t worry, this is really tasty, I-can’t-stop-eating-it good. And I don’t know what the hell the calorie count is. Who cares? This is football food.
This is another gem from my mom. She is basically my “go to” for dips. I never even saw anyone buy that shit in a can in the chip aisle until I had a roommate. Believe me, bookmark this and you’ll never even consider it again. (And don’t worry, Mom has a few other dips, many vegetarian, so stay tuned.)
This dip is super easy, so whip it up today. It has few ingredients and only takes about 20 minutes, tops.
- 1 lb ground meat (beef or turkey)
- 1/2 packet of taco seasoning
- 1 can refried beans
- taco sauce
- shredded cheese (Mexican variety)
- Tortilla chips (I totally dig Tostitos new Whole Grain chips, but Scoops are a perfect fit for this)
- Brown the meat. The recipe, in its true form, calls for ground beef, but I used turkey and my husband never even knew it. In fact, the only way he’ll know is when he reads this post. So, if you want to save some calories and fat, just go turkey.
- Add the can of refried beans, half a packet of taco seasoning and a little bit of water. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Add 1/3 a bottle of taco sauce, but don’t let it get too liquidy.
- Serve and top with grated cheese.