Weekend Roundup 11/17
This weekend is loaded with stuff to do – including the beginning of holiday themed events throughout the area. (Is it really the holiday season unless you have the “Christmas in Hershey” jingle jammed in your head?)
We’re hosting my husband’s brother, sister-in-law and our nieces this weekend to do just that, in fact. I haven’t been to Hersheypark Christmas Candylane since the 80s, so I’m secretly pretty stoked about it. I can’t wait to see the reindeer! I hope our nieces enjoy it, too.
If it weren’t for these plans here are the absolute top two things I would be doing this weekend:
- Polished Open House (I snuck in last night during Polished’s late-night Wednesdays for a much-needed mani/pedi) — I’m still going to try to drop-in for some quick holiday shopping. All the girls included this spot as in their holiday gift guides, so act now, and you’re ahead of the game. Plus – chair massages, paraffin dips, gift card sales & more!
- Blackman MMA Pennsylvania Fighting Championship VI – I’ve attend the five previous, so I’m bummed to be missing this one. Be sure to catch up with Blackman via Jeff’s interview earlier this week. Tickets are on sale here.
PLUS – in tomorrow’s “Out with Sara” I highlight two other excellent events – Autos & Ales and the Harrisburg Riverboat fundraiser featuring Who’s Bad.
What are you doing this weekend?
- It’s Beaujolais Day!
- Isaac’s in the West Shore Plaza reopens today after renovations.
- Beer Alert: Abbey Roade Belgian Style Abbey Ale released this evening at all ABC locations.
- Slow Food Harrisburg presents an Antipasto class.
- Check out Kansas City Bomber at Moviate.
- Pat Cusick plays McGrath’s Happy Hour this evening.
- 3rd in the Burg – downtown and Midtown Harrisburg.
- Mantis presents: Open Your Wild Hearts, an exhibit by Tara Chickey.
- Voxology plays live (and free) at Midtown Scholar.
- Little Amps Coffee Roasters‘ first ever “3rd in the Burg Hangout” features guest DJs spinning new and classic vinyl, innovative drinks and the wild and whimsical art of Stephen Murrill.
- Midtown Cinema has movie trivia, prizes & free popcorn.
- MORE 3rd in the Burg.
- Polished Spa Holiday Open House & Customer Appreciation Party – cupcakes, Stella & Dot, chair massages, paraffin dips, great sales & more.
- Funktion plays Johnny Joe’s.
- Buddy Guy performs at Hershey Theatre.
- Jim Norton hits The Comedy Zone (Jeff interviewed him – read that here.)
- AACA presents Autos & Ales (more on this in tomorrow’s column).
- Concertante performs at Rose Lehrman Arts Center.
- Christmas in Hershey kicks off!
- All aboard the Early Thanksgiving Cruise on The Pride of the Susquehanna.
- Arooga’s 15 celebrates its 3 year anniversary this weekend.
- Blackman MMA presents PFC VI. Read the interview with Steve Blackman here.
- Don’t miss the Harrisburg Riverboat fundraiser featuring Michael Jackson tribute band, Who’s Bad. (You can find more information in my “Out with Sara” column.)
- Ah – a sign of the holidays – Mantis’ OddOnes Holiday Bizarre Bazaar, held this year at the Historic Harrisburg Association.
- Day 2 of Polished Day Spa‘s Holiday Open House & Customer Appreciation Party.
- Harrisburg’s Holiday Parade!
- Post-parade, check out the Harrisburg Mo Bros Turkey Fry, benefiting Movember.
- Jim Norton again performs at The Comedy Zone.
- Check out the mimosa brunch at Mitrani.
- Harrisburg Symphony Orchestra present “Surging Sea.”
- Bullride Mania hits the Farm Show Complex.
- You can still enjoy the Mason-Dixon Wine Trail’s Wine Just Off the Vine event.
- Paul Cullen plays Suba.
- Flinchy’s hosts Kenton Shelly – plus Happy Hour from 10 p.m. to midnight.
- Josh Dominick plays Snappers.
- The Ladies Auxiliary of der Harrisburg Maennerchor host a chili cookoff.