Weekend Roundup 5/10
Well, it has arrived: the weekend of the Tough Mudder. I’m simply a volunteer on Saturday for the Tough Mudder – Pennsylvania #2, but my husband, his coworkers and one of my best friends will compete as a team on Saturday morning. I’ll be slinging the free aguas (or something, who knows) and cheering them along the way. I’m super proud of Andy, who dropped about 20 lbs, and his training partner, who lost 40 lbs, in preparation. Wish them luck!
This, incidentally is about all we’ll do this weekend. Sunday, I expect ample rest, DVR-watching and ice cream-eating.
Of course, it also is Mother’s Day weekend (our moms are super cool and aren’t minding a week’s delay in the celebration). We have a little inspiration for ya on our Mother’s Day gift ideas board on Pinterest. Plus, you know, there are brunches galore. And yes, you probably should make reservations today. And for goodness sake, pick up some flowers for your mom – she deserves it!
What are you doing this weekend?
- Slow Food Harrisburg: Trisha’s Tempting Tapas.
- An Evening with John Harris, Jr. American Dinner at Mount Hill Tavern.
- Beer Alert: ABC’s Cream Ale releases at all locations.
- T.J. Rockwell’s first Seafood Feast of the season.
- It’s Thirsty Thursday at Hauser Estate Winery.
- Catch country star Craig Campbell tonight at Buck Wild’s Rode House (formerly the West Shore Hardware Bar). Local up-and-comer Ben Gallaher opens! (Our own Jeff will have an interview with Ben next week – stay tuned!)
- Suba hosts Matt Otis.
- Party people UUU perform at Hollywood Casino.
- Opening reception for “Art in the Atrium” at WITF.
- Funktion plays at Chick’s Tavern.
- Shea & Swish play Blue Moose Bar & Grill.
- Ceoltas Irish Pub has Kilmaine Saints live on stage.
- Soul Solutions play Champions.
- Catch Nate Myers & the Aces at Johnny Joe’s.
- Blues Brew & BBQ features Bush Masters at MoMo’s BBQ Grill.
- Ray Rossi spins at Stock’s on Second.
- Crimson Frog Coffeehouse has music from the Match Twins.
- Round 2 in Coakley’s Bloody Mary contest begins! Read about it here.
- HYP’s 14th annual Home and Garden Tour in Harrisburg’s Shipoke neighborhood.
- Central Market Blossom Festival in York.
- Accomac hosts a Pop-up dinner: Beer + Wine Showdown.
- 4th annual Brewfest at Mount Hope.
- Sweet Sensations of May continues. Order tickets here. Use promo code “SaraBozich” and save!
- XPN welcomes John Gorka to Midtown Scholar.
- The Abbey Bar hosts Star Slinger.
- Millbock Tap Takeover at O’Reilly’s Taproom. Details in tomorrow’s Out with Sara column. (Get it early here.)
- DJ Direct at Level 2.
- Remember Scott’s Grille? Re-live the fun at Pints tonight: Retro Party with DJ Scottie.
- Spring Festival at Armstrong Valley Winery.
- Stoudt’s 21st annual Microfestival.
- Catch the Whitebread Band at Big Woody’s.
- Cornerstone Coffeehouse has music from Maria Wilson.
- Voxology performs at Suba.
- Friend of Bob play Rock Kat Bar & Grill.
- Fenicci’s has Jon Skiff.
- Mother’s Day Bud Break at Allegro Winery.
- 4onthefloor at the Abbey Bar at ABC.
- Round 2 in Coakley’s Bloody Mary contest continues. Read about it here.
- The Kitchen Shoppe Mother’s Day cooking class.
- Get mom out for Sweet Sensations of May at all Hershey Harrisburg Wine Country wineries.
- Pittsburgh’s Brad Yoder performs at Midtown Scholar.
- All moms get a flower at Vineyard at Hershey.
- Soul Comedy with TuRae at HMAC.
- And …
Mother’s Day Brunches