My sister’s on her way here today, and we’re going to pack up and leave so early in the morning that I told my mom to have breakfast (an egg sandwich, please) ready for us.
That is my weekend – sand, surf, 4G. I can’t wait.
- Beach run
- Read Judy Blume’s Summer Sisters
- Shopping at Hula Sue
- Plus, of course, cocktails, snacks, sun and girl time
Fear not, there is plenty going on in town this weekend. I’ll have a day-by-day planner for you in tomorrow’s column — and for the nitty gritty, read on.
What are you doing this weekend?
- Pat Cusick plays McGrath’s Pub tonight for Happy Hour from 5:30 p.m. to 8 p.m., alongside a Victory firkin.
- It’s taco night at the Maennerchor.
- Enjoy a free wine and cheese reception for Maaike Heitkönig exhibit at WITF.
- Heart & Soul play The Cellar.
- It’s Wine Tasting Happy Hour time at Zia’s at Red Door – 4 wines tonight, same $15 price.
- BEER ALERT: ABC releases its Belgian Pale Ale.
- Ginger Child plays Duke’s Riverside.
- Friday Folk Cafe at Midtown Scholar features Tyler Spooner and Jeneen Terrana.
- Cornerstone Coffeehouse hosts The Meditative Cook Workshop.
- Up Pops the Devil plays Suba.
- Bamboozled is at Snappers.
- It’s Halloween in July at HMAC!
- The Dave Wilson Quartet play Jazz on the Veranda at The Hotel Hershey.
- Brother Luke is at the Maennerchor.
- Champions hosts dance masters, The Impact Band.
- American Posse’s Phil plays solo at Blue Moose.
- Kenton Shelly is at Ceoltas Irish Pub.
- Chick’s Tavern hosts Fast Eddie.
- Fink’s Constant is live at Johnny Joe’s.
- Friday night Blues Brews & BBQ brings The Humblers to MoMo’s BBQ Grilll.
- DJ Ray Rossi spins at Stock’s on Second.
- Dark Star Orchestra plays Whitaker Center (Win tickets here!)
- Then, hit the after-party at the Abbey Bar with Yo Mama’s Big Fat Booty Band.
- HYP & Downtown After Dark present a Halfway to Mardi Gras block party benefitting Harrisburg School District Youth Sports. (See more in tomorrow’s column.)
- You can be King For a Day at Allegro Winery & Vineyards.
- Give back during Volunteer Work Day at Wildwood Park.
- Hershey Gardens hosts its annual Butterfly Festival.
- Naylor Winery welcomes the Shades of Blue Orchestra.
- MODE presents Corsets & Cocktails party at Stock’s on Second.
- Christmas in July means a Troegs Mad Elf party at the Mechanicsburg G-Man.
- Saturday Night Jive at Vineyard at Hershey is a special fundraiser for The Big 33 Foundation (see more in tomorrow’s column.)
- Big Woody’s presents The Visitors, live.
- Funktion rocks The Brewhouse.
- Oh and it’s Amateur Night at Savannah’s on Hanna.
- DJ Impulse spins at Level 2.