Weekend Roundup 10/11
I feel like this is the quietest weekend of the month. We’re inching ever-closer to the holidays (it’s true!), and Halloween parties soon will begin to overtake the calendar.
In the meantime, I’ll start the weekend with happy hour tonight before the Steelers game, but the weekend is filled with friend-related dinners and get-togethers.
Here are a couple things to keep in mind to start:
- We have two active giveaways going on this week — be sure to enter, it’s as easy as leaving a comment on the post. The first is a $50 gift card to the Uptown Chicago Grill (it used to be Da Pits!); the second is two tickets to YYP’s Brews, Brats & Bands going on this Saturday. Enter now!
- Please help support Torchbearer Sauces Kickstarter campaign! This all-Pa., all local company has fantastic products, but needs our help to expand. Time is running out (plus, you get rewarded for your good deed!)
- If The Patriot-News’ Wing Contest has you craving wings, join the Harrisburg WingUp next week, this time held in conjunction with the #hbgtweetup.
- Speaking of social media, if you’re new, learning more, or want to apply it to your business, consider joining the Harrisburg Social Media Club’s Social Media at Work conference next Wednesday.
- Oh, and hey, the next SaraBozich.com Happy Hour is Nov. 7 at MoMo’s BBQ Grill!
What are you doing this weekend?
- Historic Harrisburg Association fundraiser at Char’s at the Tracy Mansion, honoring David Morrison.
- Wine Tasting Happy Hour at Zia’s at Red Door featuring wines from South Africa.
- Shea Quinn is playing happy hour at The Speakeasy, then hitting up Pete’s Olde Towne by night.
- BEER ALERT: Zythos Pale Ale drops at all ABC locations.
- It may be October, but you can still join Jazzin’ on The Pride.
- Happy Hour at Suba (5-7 p.m.) features half-price tacos and $7 cocktails. Proceeds benefit the LGBT Center of Harrisburg.
- 57th annual AACA Hershey Fall Meet and Car Show kicks off.
- Oh yeah, and the Pittsburgh Steelers on are Thursday Night! Here’s where to watch.
- Karaoke tonight at The Waterfront.
- Friday Folk at Midtown Scholar showcases Dylan Jane and Silent Old Mountain.
- HotWingJones plays Gullifty’s.
- Friday Night Blues Brews & BBQ at MoMo’s BBQ Grill with Dirt Floor Poor.
- Dustin Lynch is at Buck Wild’s Rode House.
- Fenicci’s hosts Randy Zimmerman.
- Try food pairings matched with Vineyard at Hershey wines at Fire Alley between 6 and 8 p.m.
- The Martini Bros. rock Johnny Joe’s.
- Troegs Tap Takeover at Nick’s 114.
- The Sonic Tonic play Big Woody’s.
- Ray Rossi spins at Stock’s on Second.
- St. Thomas Roasters hosts The Cotolos.
- Oktoberfest at the Maennerchor.
- The Gift of Music benefit at Gullifty’s.
- River Rescue Block Party at Mr. G’s featuring games, giveaways, live music and free hot dogs. $5 admission benefits Harrisburg River Rescue and Emergency Services.
- Midtown Block Party on Third Street.
- Final Blues Cruise of the season on The Pride of the Susquehanna.
- 4th annual Brews, Brats & Bands at Sovereign Bank Stadium. (Win free tickets!)
- Lykens Glen Park Fall Festival.
- City Islanders host “Socctoberfest“!
- The Humblers play Suba.
- Fall Family Fun Day at Ned Smith Center.
- The National Apple Harvest Festival is in week 2.
- Shea & Swish liven things up at Stock’s on Second.
- Green Urban Initiative fundraiser at the Abbey Bar.
- Learn how to make Hearty & Healthy Vegetarian Dishes at a free Williams-Sonoma technique class.
- Soup & Salad lecture aboard The Pride of the Susquehanna.
- “Zoo”mba at ZooAmerica.
- Calling all dog lovers: It’s Dachtoberfest at the Vineyard at Hershey!
- The Oxymorons host “Nerds, Puppies & Comedy” in the Gallery at ABC.
- The National Apple Harvest Festival – final day!