My husband works on New Year’s Day, so we’re having a low key dinner at home and may not even be awake to ring in the new year this year. That said, someone recently asked me how many places I’m required to stop on New Year’s Eve, but the reality is I prefer to stay in or go to a party on these big holiday bar nights. I joke that it’s because of all the J.P.s (junior partiers), but I guess when you do what I do for a living, skipping the big parties for something low key is as necessary as skipping bars at the beach – I need a holiday myself.
That said – you are not me, so I’m sure you’re more interested in where to get your free “champagne” at midnight than how I’m planning to prepare the beef for dinner. Therefore, without further adieu:
New Year’s Eve Parties
- DJ Ray Rossi, Smooth Like Clyde and The Luv Gods play Hollywood Casino.
- New Year’s Eve No Shoes Nation at Buck Wild’s Rode House.
- The Next play FED LIVE.
- New Year’s Eve 1959 at The Abbey Bar at ABC with Andy Mowatt Trio performing Steely Jam with guests Dirk Quinn Band.
- Flinchy’s is accepting dinner reservations for 4 p.m., 6 p.m. and 8 p.m.
- Aortic Valve bring their usual First Friday party to HMAC for New Year’s Eve.
- The Speakeasy is hosting a Roaring 20s party.
- Buddha Buddha will have a New Year’s Eve Happy Hour from 9:30-11:30 p.m. featuring $5 cocktails and $5 asian tacos – plus, a complimentary champagne toast.
- Mulligan’s East Shore Pub has $2 you-call-its from 9-11 p.m.
- Char’s at The Tracy Mansion has a 7-course dinner option.
- The Cellar BYOB is taking reservations for New Year’s Eve Dinner.
- The Maennerchor opens at 4 p.m. – Ladies Aux. hosts a New Year’s Eve party at 9 p.m., tickets required.
- Roundtop Mountain Resort rings in the new year with a big party featuring live music and dancing with Strange Eden.
- Level 2 has dueling DJs A-Ron and Eric Vanderslice, plus complimentary hors d’oeuvres and champagne toast.
- Catch live music & sleep over at The Central Best Western Premier Hotel – Class Act featuring Rita performs.
- The Madre has DJ Stoner.
- Zembie’s has DJ Mark Fauble.
- Mount Hill Tavern has a special NYE menu.
- The Hilton Harrisburg is hosting their 2nd annual big New Year’s Eve party wherein they transform a ballroom into a nightclub.
- The Waterfront Bar & Grill hosts Jeffrey J. Walker.
- New Year’s Eve Party at The Comedy Zone.
- Plus, here are some family friendly New Year’s Eve events from the Hershey-Harrisburg Regional Visitors Bureau.
New Year’s Day
Whether you worked the night before, are chasing down the hair of the dog, or just want to watch football — here’s where to go.
- Maennerchor opens at noon.
- T.J. Rockwell’s is open from 5-11 p.m.
- All Arooga’s locations open at noon.
- Zembie’s opens at 4 pm. – bar only.
- The Madre opens at 4 p.m.
- Fenicci’s is open from 11 a.m. to midnight.
- Chick’s Tavern is open regular hours.
- Out of beer? Brass Rail is open from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Bartender’s Bash at Mulligan’s Downtown. $2 you-call-its 10 p.m.-midnight. Free food buffet 10-11 p.m. $250 Hottest Bartender and Server contest.
Know of more New Year’s Eve & Day happenings? Send them to me here, and I’ll add them. Or, leave the information in the comments below.