Welcome to 2013! My weekend will start with dinner with two of my most favorite girls at Bonefish Grill, as neither of them has visited yet.
As you know, The Patriot-News moved to a three-day print schedule, so that means my “Out with Sara” column is back on Thursdays, but remains in the Living section. This week I wrote about two new craft beer-focused bars, The Federal Taphouse and the Susquehanna Ale House.
Note: The Federal Taphouse is expected to have food by Friday – or Tuesday at the latest, when they will begin operating from 11 a.m. daily. This weekend, they open at 8 p.m.
The weekend holds a lot in terms of live music (mostly local bands at the usual bars), but it’s pretty quiet post-holiday. The PA Farm Show also opens this weekend — the Food Court previews tomorrow with free parking; the rest of the fun debuts on Saturday. Will you go?
What are you doing this weekend?
- Meredith Holliday performs during Happy Hour at The Speakeasy.
- Jason Kreider is on the grand piano at The Rockville Room.
- It’s Sushi Club night at The Fusion Fire (Go!).
- First Friday York.
- First Friday Gettysburg.
- The PA Farm Show Food Court opens.
- Snappers hosts Relix on stage.
- 2nd Street Comedy presents Frank Roche.
- Kings & Queens play Big Woody’s.
- Down to Earth is at The Blue Moose.
- Hemlock Hollow plays Armstrong Valley Winery.
- Chick’s hosts Honeypump.
- Hip Hop album release at Midtown Scholar.
- Suba has Hot Club du Jour.
- Polka Quads are at the Colonial Lounge.
- Friday night Blues Brews & BBQ brings the Christopher Dean Band to MoMo’s BBQ & Grill.
- Pete’s Olde Towne has Aaron Daniel Gaul live on stage.
- Hollywood on the Roof (casino) has Lima Bean Riot.
- The PA Farm Show opens.
- The Passionettes play the Abbey Bar.
- Frank Roche performs night two at 2nd Street Comedy Club.
- Al’s Pizza has Kenton Shelley.
- Buck + Chet play Grandpa Growler’s.
- Nate Myers & the Aces rock MoMo’s.
- American Posse is at Buck Wild’s Rode House.
- Fenicci’s has Ric Emery.
- David Carr plays St. Thomas Roasters.
- TED Talks at Midtown Scholar.
- El Sol is now open for Sunday brunch with a make-your-own Bloody “Maria” bar.
- Souper Sunday at Adams County Winery.