I am so officially over winter. I’ve always hated the cold and snow and I’m completely ready for warmer weather. After cleaning out my closet quite heavily, I’m in need of a lot of new spring items. Here are a few ideas that are inspiring my warmer weather wardrobe.
With the change of seasons comes the change of colors. I’m guilty of letting the winter blues affect my wardrobe and mostly wear black and gray throughout the cold season, so once spring rolls around I’m ready to get back into something brighter. Right now I am in love with coral and tangerine and am feeling inspired this outfit I saw on Pinterest that features a great color palette.
But there’s more to spring than just more colors – the warmer weather calls for saying goodbye to sweaters and hello to skirts. I can’t wait to dig out my favorite spring dresses and transition them with some leggings and boots. The weather around here is always so fickle, so layering will be key as you get ready for spring. Think scarves, tights/leggings, boots, dresses and light sweaters or blazers just in case a cold breeze sneaks back in. I’m really feeling these looks and combos.
As you get ready for spring, there are a few items you’ll want to keep out and readily available. Don’t forget about the year we had snow in April – so don’t pack up that winter coat just yet! Cold weather items like scarves and hats should still be unpacked as well and can be great accessories as we transition. Long-sleeved t-shirts can stay as well since they’re great for layering and your boot socks will look really great with those dresses. Heavy sweaters, sweater dresses, and anything you consider “winter drab” needs to go. It’s March, people, let’s get excited!
Here are some of spring’s “must have” items:
- Pastel Pants – Whether coral, mint or white you’re going to want to have a great pair of light colored skinnies this spring.
- Fitted Trench Coat – Anyone else feel like we get a ton of rain here in spring? A fitted trench will keep you dry and looking cute.
- Bold Blazer – Winter is OVER! Go for a great fitted blazer in a fun color like tomato red or cobalt blue.
- Sheer Chiffon Blouses – These have been huge the past few months and are great for layering.
- Flats – While I do adore my stilettos, spring means mushy ground. Gold toed flats will be huge this year!