Weekend Roundup 3/28
I spent this week mostly with my nose to the grindstone, though that did include checking out the new Garlic Poet Restaurant & Bar at the former Holiday Inn New Cumberland (now Clarion Hotel & Conference Center). Andy and I had dinner, but I’m also looking forward to their grand opening party on April 6 (a murder mystery dinner with The Vineyard at Hershey) and consequent happy hours.
By the way, be sure to take a few minutes and enter to win two passports to next month’s Susquehanna Ale Trail.
Past that, my weekend is basically my oyster, so I’m leaving it a relaxation/housekeeping balance, followed by a casual Easter dinner with my mom.
Speaking of Easter, I have a roundup of local Easter brunch options in case your mom isn’t cooking for you — Plus, this weekend marks the start of Springtime in the Park, an early peek at the new Hersheypark season.
What are you doing this weekend?
- Central PA Superchef at The Hershey Lodge.
- Rotten Belly Blues play The Speakeasy during Happy Hour.
- Keith Harkin of Celtic Thunder performs at Ceoltas Irish Pub.
- This Food & Wine Dinner at Fraiche looks amazing. Got to get here stat.
- Thursty Thursday Wine Down at the Gas Station.
- Janet Robin takes the stage at HMAC.
- Sushi Club Night at The Fusion Fire – a must try!
- Freddie T and the People with HA HA YOU and Very Americans at Little Amps.
- Pat Cusick takes his music to Armstrong Valley Winery.
- Haven’t registered yet for the Jersey Mike Memorial 5K? Stop into Ceoltas tonight for a registration party featuring live music from Michael Anthony Smith Band and The Dirty Thieving Gypsys.
- Smooth Like Clyde heads back to Champions.
- The Visitors play Big Woody’s.
- The Blue Moose hosts Erin Cruise.
- Chick’s has Midnight Shift.
- DJ Geoffro at downtown G-Man.
- Friday Night Blues Brews & BBQ features Autumn Brew at MoMo’s BBQ & Grill.
- Golf opens at Felicita Resort.
- Check out the Bird Walk at Wildwood Park.
- Friday Night Live Jazz at Thorn Hill Winery.
- American Music + Pop Culture Expo in Hershey kicks off.
- Freddie Long makes it a “Flinchy’s kind of night.”
- Hampshire plays Midtown Scholar.
- Grab the family for Springtime in the Park in Hershey.
- Suba hosts Jordan White.
- Lady Boi with The Cordy Byron Band at HMAC.
- Penn State Autograph signing at The Stadium Studio.
- The Andy Mowatt Trio join the Drik Quinn Band at the Abbey Bar.
- Club 20 (formerly Privado) “Bringing in Spring” Party with Absolute Fitness.
- Hollywood on the Roof (at the casino) hosts Smooth Like Clyde.
- Last day of the Mason Dixon Wine Trail’s Tour de Tanks. (Win tix to the Susquehanna Ale Trail.)
- Russ Matthews of WE3 plays Tomato Pie Cafe.
- Mark Santanna plays acoustic at Al’s Pizza & Subs Enola.
- Honeypump is at the Double K Tavern.
- Hey State College folks, Velveeta returns to the area with a show at the Drinkin Bone.
- Jeffry J. Walker plays Pete’s Olde Towne.
- Stock’s on Second welcomes The Whitebread Band.
- Bare Creek Junction are at the Field House.
- The American Music & Pop Culture Expo continues.
- as does Springtime in the Park.
- Matt Bretton plays at Midtown Scholar.
- DJ N9NE at Level 2.
- The American Music & Pop Culture Expo in Hershey.
- Springtime in the Park at Hersheypark.
- Roundup of Hershey Harrisburg Regional Easter Brunches. Plus:
- Caddy Shack Easter Buffet (kids eat free)
- Home 231 Easter Brunch
- Characters Gastropub Easter Brunch
- Rillo’s Easter Dining
Don’t see your event listed? Post it in the comments below. Want to be featured in the future? Submit your events here.
Also, MARK YOUR CALENDAR: