This week, much like the whole of this summer, has been a whirlwind. Maybe I need to start looking forward to something enough that time slow down a little bit. I don’t think I ever expected life would move like this, especially after leaving my day job to work for myself. No complaints here, however!
One of the things keeping me busy these days is a new project I’m working on with GK Visual called, “What’s on Tap.” For this new local web series, I serve as host as we talk to people who impact our community. We’ve been quiet about our first several guests, but you can watch them all yourself at the Launch and Screening event at Midtown Cinema on Tuesday. Join us.
Tonight I’ll be playing bartender (or bartender’s assistant) to create some new Oddtails with these Oddka Vodka flavors.
As for the weekend, we’re booked. We’ve been hosting an annual end-of-summer party since we bought our house four years ago, and this means lots of prep, last-minute gardening (because by this time in the summer I’ve let it all go — one should really plan better), beer and wine calculating and cleaning. This year, we decided to up the ante and have our downstairs bathroom remodeled the week beforehand. What can I say? We like a challenge.
Don’t let the remaining days of summer pass you by! Check out the loads of event ideas below. And of course, if you need even more inspiration, tune in tomorrow morning at 7:10 a.m. to The Rock’n Roll Breakfast on The River 97.3 for “Sara’s Weekend Picks.”
What are you doing this weekend?
This week’s Weekend Roundup is brought to you by Natty Boh. Meet Mr. Boh at Gilligan’s on Eisenhower Blvd. this Saturday from 7-9 p.m. Includes prizes, giveaways and $2 Natty Boh drafts.
- The Great Socio with Timmy & the Creeping Thyme + Future Boys and the 2012s at HMAC.
- Sushi Club night at the Fusion Fire.
- FREE Finch’s Beer samples at Glenn Miller’s 4-6 p.m.
- Colebrook Road is at Garlic Poet.
- Stoudts Pint Night at Arooga’s Downtown. Take home the glass!
- BEER ALERT: Rauchbock (smoked beer) release at all ABC locations.
- The JellyBricks take the stage at the Farmers Market in Hershey.
- Jazzin’ on the Pride.
- Gary Brown is at MoMo’s BBQ & Grill.
- Music on the Lawn featuring Beth Trez Trio at Mount Hill Tavern.
- Troegs Beer Dinner at The Manor.
- Jason Barshinger is on the deck at Big Woody’s.
- Cowboy Monkey Night at the Harrisburg Senators, sponsored by Pabst. Find Pabst giveaways on the Boardwalk.
- Corn Wallace Band is at Dockside Willies.
- Downtown GMan has Lisa Doll and the Rock’n Roll Romance.
- Relax with Tropical Soul at the Sand Trap Grill.
- Hologram, Annalise Emerick at Midtown Scholar.
- Hip Pocket plays HMAC.
- Aaron Daniel Gaul and Think Tank Trio are at the Abbey Bar. Alexis has more.
- The Luv Gods are at Champions.
- Override takes the stage at the Double K.
- ReStore Grand Opening at the site of the former Troegs building on Paxton ST.
- Friday night Blues, Brews & BBQ at MoMo’s with Hemlock Hollow.
- Hauser After Hours — salsa night with Tito.
- Song & Smith play The Vineyard at Grandview.
- Grilling on the Deck cooking class at Cornerstone Coffeehouse.
- Lazy Jo Fink is on stage at Snappers.
- Jazz on the Veranda at The Hotel Hershey with the Ryan Kauffman Quartet.
- American Roulette at Big Woody’s.
- Music on the Veranda at Char’s with Forrest Brown Trio.
- Prohibition Party at Susquehanna Ale House Downtown.
- Sherri Mullen Duo are at the Blue Moose.
- Chick’s Tavern hosts Groove Dawgs.
- Jason Carst returns to Colonial Lounge: Name the band, Part 2.
- Erik Bohn plays the patio at Dodge City Steakhouse.
- Rue De La Pompe perform at the Hilton Patio.
- Gem Trails, Euphoric Dimension at Little Amps.
- Decked-Out Live! at the Vineyard & Brewery at Hershey with Pat Cusick.
- St. Thomas Roaster hosts Diaspora.
- Tap Takeover with Finch’s Beer at Alibi’s.
- Harrisburg Cigar Club Smoke-out at Flinchy’s. Plus, Pocket Rocket and Jeffrey J. Walker perform.
- Moonlight Party Cruise aboard The Pride of the Susquehanna.
- American Posse return to Buck Wild’s.
- Catch The Breakfast Club on 35mm at the Elks Theatre in Middletown.
- Strangest of Places plays Shakedown BBQ.
- Smooth Like Clyde are at the Lion’s Den at Savannah’s on Hanna.
- Summer Brew & Tunes Easter Seals Benefit at The Vineyard & Brewery at Hershey.
- 3rd annual Seafood Bash at Caddy Shack.
- Crab Fest at Appalachian Brewing Co.
- Civil War Lecture Cruise aboard The Pride of the Susquehanna.
- Dog Days at Ashcombe!
- Downtown Corvette Parade in Carlisle.
- Harrisburg Symphony Orchestra’s Symphony Stroll.
- Hauser After Hours with Riverknot.
- The Pennsylvania Renaissance Faire.
- DJ Gregg NYCE at Level 2.
- The Willys play a summer concert at Adams County Winery.
- Jake Lewis & the Clergy, Roof Beams, Willy Green at the Harrisburg MakeSpace.
- The Wilhelm Bros. play Suba.
- Accomac Inn’s Farm to Table Dinner.
- Music on the Veranda with Andy Alonzo at Char’s Restaurant.
- Nate Myers is at the Brewhouse Grille.
- Hemlock Hollow plays Dodge City Steakhouse.
- Pete’s hosts The Visitors Duo.
- Rhythm on Main is at Ted’s Bar & Grill.
- Jamie O’Brien plays at Tomato Pie Cafe.
- Meet Mr. Boh at Gilligan’s on Eisenhower Blvd. $2 Natty Boh drafts, plus giveaways.
- Wine & Cheese Cruise aboard The Pride of the Susquehanna.
- Ropes Course Open Climb at Roundtop Mountain Resort.
- Brunch at Market Cross Pub.
- More Sunday brunch ideas!
- TED Talks at Midtown Scholar.
- The Pennsylvania Renaissance Faire.
- Harley Davidson Bike Night at Big Woody’s.
- Show Tunes Sunday at Carley’s.
- Spiro plays O’Reilly’s Tap Room.
- Shake Wind is at T.J. Rockwell’s.
- Troegs Beer Garden BBQ.
Don’t see your event listed? Post it in the comments below. Want to be featured in the future? Submit your events here.
Upcoming SaraBozich.com events:
- Saturday, Sept. 7 — After Dark Booze Cruise. Includes craft beer and wine samples, DJ Cashmere, plus pre-cruise dining discounts at Bricco, Mangia Qui and Dodge City Steakhouse. BUY TICKETS.
- Wednesday, Sept. 25 — SaraBozich.com Happy Hour at Dodge City Steakhouse. The usual fun, freebies & drink specials, plus music from Hemlock Hollow.