Happy Sunday! Friday night we stopped in to one of our favorite BYOB’s, Fusion Fire, for some sushi (Andy) and Drunken Noodle (me) before a quiet night in — much necessary after such a busy week. If you haven’t been to the Fusion Fire, by the Cinema Center (now Carmike Cinemas) at the old Hill’s (if you’re old) — Please, stop what you’re doing and make plans to go.
Yesterday, after hanging on-air with Bruce Bond for our annual Halloween Show on The Bruce Bond Late Afternoon Show on Saturday Morning (LIVE 9 a.m. to noon every Saturday on 92.1 WTPA — click here to learn how to sponsor us), we readied ourselves for a day in Happy Valley.
We did some mild tailgating, then got the chance to go out on the field before the game! That was awesome.
I’ve been to one or two other PSU games, but this was the first one where the students weren’t on fall break, the house was packed, it was a white-out and the fan section was crazy. It was really fun and exciting — and of course we expected Penn State to get more run-over than they did, so it was a tremendous showing by the athletes (even if the officials ruined much). A great night with great friends.
Above – via PennLive — my boy, Bobby Flounders gets it.
Today — we’re going to the 27th annual Taste of Central Pennsylvania, where I’m a judge, then rolling ourselves home to catch the Steelers, along with most of the rest of the country. Phil Simms and Jim Nantz are the commentators, so my husband will be swearing at the TV all game.
HEY, so we did quite a bit of writing and talking this week. Let’s get to it:
- Congrats to Terri & Amanda, who scored tickets to Hershey Harrisburg Wine Country’s Cornucopia Wine Quest. Stop back tomorrow for *2* new giveaways — both about MOAR WINE.
- By the way, Cornucopia Wine Quest runs through Nov. 2, and you can learn more here.
- Want to get out for the game? Intern Jimi reports on five of the best local Steelers bars.
- Kelly knows running is awesome, but so is food and booze. She shares some of her best “health hacks” that keep her life balanced.
- Bored? How dare you — we’re got 25+ things for you to do today in the Weekend Roundup.
- Combine your love of craft beer & vacation with Tierney’s top “Beercation” tips.
- Steelers gametime is 4:30 p.m.: read Intern Jimi’s primer on what to expect today against the Colts.
Elsewhere on the Internet:
- Sara’s Weekend Picks: Every Friday on The River 97.3.
- LIKE & SHARE The Bruce Bond Late Afternoon Show on Saturday Morning on Facebook.
Upcoming SaraBozich.com Events:
- Nov. 5 – HAPPY HOUR with SaraBozich.com at The Firehouse. RSVP. (Not on Facebook? RSVP here.)
- Dec. 6 – Save the Date! 3rd annual SaraBozich.com Holiday Party at The Vineyard & Brewery at Hershey.
- Sign-up for our Events newsletter & be the first to hear about SaraBozich.com Events!
CATEGORIES: Sara Bozich