The SantaLand Diaries Returns to Open Stage of Harrisburg in December
David Sedaris’ “The SantaLand Diaries” returns to Open Stage of Harrisburg this holiday season
Crumpet is back by popular demand! And nothing says “holiday spirit” like temper tantrums and sozzled Santas!
Check out our pre-party for the Saturday late night performance! (and see post for discounted tix!)
My dear friend Stuart Landon reprises his role as Crumpet the Elf for the stage adaptation of David Sedaris’ hilarious short story, The SantaLand Diairies, yet again — this year running Dec. 17-23 — just seven performances!
In 1992, brilliant American humorist David Sedaris debuted THE SANTALAND DIARIES on National Public Radio, delighting listeners with a cheeky look back at his experience of moving to New York City and finding a job as Crumpet the Elf at Macy’s SantaLand. Four years later, Tony Award-winning director Joe Mantello (WICKED) adapted the short story into a one‐man show that has since become a modern Christmas classic.
New this season
- Holiday “spirits” via a cash bar will be available at each performance, featuring wine, beer and the “Crumpetini.”
- Elevate your selfie: Crumpet the Elf will be on hand after the show for “Elfies” each night in the big red Santa chair.
- A Saturday late night performance. Grab dinner, then join our pre-party (DETAILS HERE) before a 10 p.m. show.
- Opportunity for YOU to score a walk-on role. DETAILS HERE.
What they say
“Stuart Landon as David/Crumpet is the Zen master of comedy. Watching Landon is nothing less than magical; he brings to the role energy, hilarity and adorable mischievousness. He is that unique snowflake that you grab on to and pray hard that it never melts.” – THE PATRIOT-NEWS
“Even if you’ve seen THE SANTALAND DIARIES before, you’ve never seen it like this,” said Executive Artistic Director Donald L. Alsedek, who is directing the comedy. “You owe it to yourself to see Stuart Landon in candy cane tights.”
Performances of THE SANTALAND DIARIES take place Dec. 17 – 23 at Open Stage of Harrisburg’s intimate Angino Family Theatre, located off of Court Street in Downtown Harrisburg. The theatre lobby opens one hour prior to performance.
- 8 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 17
- 8 p.m. Friday, Dec. 18
- 10 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 19 — Join us for HAPPY HOUR at 8:30 p.m.
- 2 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 20 (no bar)
- 8 p.m. Monday, Dec. 21
- 8 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 22
- 8 p.m. Wednesday, Dec. 23
Run time: 80 min. Admission is $25-35 Regular and $21 Student (with valid ID)