Sara’s Kitchen: #PastaforGood benefits Central PA Food Bank
two three things that are a consistent staple in our house: beef, venison and pasta. Not necessarily together, of course (but sometimes!).
My go-to meal, the first thing I ever learned to cook (and made as recently as this week), combines two: ground beef and pasta for a version of my Granny’s “Quick Spaghetti.”
This holiday, I’ve teamed up with San Giorgio to help share their Pasta for Good campaign, focused at giving back to the local communities it has been a part of more than 100 years.
Did you know that San Giorgio has local roots? Parent company New World Pasta Company is headquartered in our capital city.
Every time you share a photo of your favorite pasta dish — and share it on the San Giorgio Pasta Facebook Page with the hashtag, #PastaForGood, San Giorgio will donate one pasta box to the Central Pennsylvania Food Bank!
- Try my “Quick Spaghetti”
- Or make your own “Slaughterballs” to serve over spaghetti
- Have fresh tomatoes? Make my “raw” sauce.
1. Snap a pic of your favorite pasta mealtime moment, whether dining out, sitting around your dining room table or at a friend’s house (for inspiration, check out photos on PastaForGood.com)
2. Share your pic on the San Giorgio Pasta Facebook page wall with the hashtag #PastaForGood
3. San Giorgio will make a donation of one pasta box to your local Central Pennsylvania Food Bank for each pasta mealtime moment shared, up to 25,000 boxes (5,000 each to its five #PastaForGood food bank partners)!