How I Do HBG Beer Week
Shit’s about to get crazy.
Actually, for the five of us organizers (and our 3 compadres), shit has been crazy for a while, and it’s now almost here: Harrisburg Beer Week 2016.
What I need you to know:
We won’t be at all 200+ events, but we’re doing our best to get out and see people. Send us your photos, tag us (#hbgbeerweek), etc. We’ll share everything we can.
This is a fundraiser. Last year we raised $20K for our friends at Harrisburg River Rescue, and we’d like to do even better than that this year.
How can you do that?
Attend our signature events:
- VIP Party Friday night — BUY TIX
- #earnyourbrew with the MAYBE 5K — SIGN UP
- Battle of the Homebrew Clubs Sunday at FNB Field — BUY TIX
- HRR Open House and Bent Propeller Release — F’N FREE
- Little Big Beer Fest on April 30 — BUY TIX
- BONUS: Shipwrecked Saturday night at River House
OK, so how do you manage the rest?
- Pick up an Event Guide at your favorite watering hole. Highlight, dog-ear, scribble and plan.
- Visit our website — or follow us on Facebook.
- Sign-up for our mailing list. You’ll get daily emails with each day’s full list of events.
- Check out these pre-curated guides
- »» SEE ALSO: SARA’S EVENT PICKS
HOW DO YOU SURVIVE 9 DAYS OF DELICIOUS, LOCAL CRAFT BEER?
My plan this year is this: maintain exercise, eat as well as possibly by day, drink LOTS of water, and KOMBUCHA.
Crave & Co. makes their own kombucha — in several flavors — and sells it by the gigantic Mason Jar or sampler tray (if dining in) or by the growler.
Stock up for Harrisburg Beer Week — Choose from ginger berry, rose, lime, original (I’m partial to the rose). $13.99 for 64 oz. ($6 deposit on growler; the $6 returned when bottle is turned in).