Sara’s Picks: Harrisburg Beer Week
»» BESIDES OUR FANTASTIC SIGNATURE EVENTS — TRY THESE:
Saturday, April 23
- Burger & Beer Pairings at The Harrisburger, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- PA Flavor at PA Farm Show Complex, 1-5 p.m., $45-$75
- New Belgium Brewing Co. Tap Takeover + Lips of Faith Releases at Brewhouse Grille, 2-4 p.m.
Sunday, April 24
Brewery at Hershey ‘Beastly Beer Brunch’ at Cafe 1500, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Let’s face it – Saturday nights often lead to bad decisions and late Sunday mornings. This sometimes requires a beastly brunch to save the day. Chef Ben Beaver (Café 1500) and Brewmaster Ryan DeLutis (Brewery at Hershey) have teamed up to craft concoctions and culinary creativity to do just that. Looking to feed the beast? This brunch has you covered. Advance reservations only. BUY TICKETS ($35)
Monday, April 25
Tasting, Tour & Tinseltown at ZerØday Brewing Co. & Midtown Cinema, 6-9:30 p.m.
Midtown Cinema and ZerØday Brewing Co. are joining forces! Cast off your case of the Mondays and get a behind the scenes look at how ZerØday’s sublime suds are made. After your tasting and tour, you’ll get to choose one of three beer-tastic films, including Brewed in the Burg, followed by a Q&A with some of the interviewees.
- One taste-sized serving in ZerØday’s tasting room to enjoy during a guided brewery tour
- one crowler to “BYOZ”
- admission to one of the three films
Tuesday, April 26
- Battle of the Brewers at Grain + Verse Bottlehouse, 4-10 p.m.
- Sweet and Savory Satiation! at Crave and Co., 6-9 p.m., $20 advance; $25 door
Wednesday, April 27
- Bourbon County Stout Oyster Party at Brewhouse Grille, 5-9 p.m.
- Make Art & Drink Tröegs at The Millworks, 6-9 p.m.
- IPA Lovers Beer Dinner at Appalachian Brewing Co. Mechanicsburg, 7-9 p.m.
New Belgium Tap Takeover & Wing Pairing at MoMo’s BBQ and Grill, 6-8 p.m.
Tap Takeover, Glass Giveaway & special New Belgium BBQ Sauce for your wings.
Beers on tap:
- Fat Tire
- Lips of Faith Collaboration Hof ten Dormaal
- Physco Citrus wings: Lightly smoked wings tossed with a blood orange marmalade, reduction of Citradelic IPA, cayenne pepper and fresh thai baisl!
- Caribbean Jerk Brisket: Beef Brisket rubbed in a blend of Jerk spices, herbs,ginger and garlic then slowed smoked over cherry/apple wood, basted with “New Belgium” and served with their Caribbean Jerk sauce!
NOTE: This menu is available both Tuesday and Wednesday, BUT the fun and giveaways are only during this Wednesday timeframe.
Thursday, April 28
- Free Will Brewing Night at The Sturges Speakeasy, 5-9 p.m.
- Bikes & Brews at H2L Studio, 6-8 p.m., $15
Friday, April 29
Pennsylvania Craft Beer Party @ HMAC, 7-11 p.m.
Local beers, prizes and giveaways with Colt Wilbur on stage! Come check out a showcase of PA beers on tap in The Kitchen:
- Yards Brewing Company
- Spring House Brewing Company
- Stoudt’s Brewing Company
- Appalachian Brewing Company
- Wyndridge Farms Brewing
- Block House Brewing
Highway Manor Brewing – Open Sours Bar + Dance Party at Harrisburg Improv Theatre, 10 p.m. to ???
Sample a plethora of Highway Manor Brewing’s beers AND dance with the brewer at the Harrisburg Improv Theatre. Featured beers include: Mr. Strawberry, Mr. Blueberry, Sayjohn Saison, Funky Prowler and The Life of Leroy. $25 at the door. Read more about Highway Manor Brewing.
- ‘Vintage Vinyl & Thread’ Night w/ Rubber Soul Brewing Co. & Hop Hedz Gear at Grain + Verse, 7-10 p.m.
Saturday, April 30
Magic Hat Medicine Show, a Feast for the Senses at HMAC, 6 p.m. to midnight
The Magic Medicine show! Presented by Hooligans C.C. of central PA and Magic Hat Brewing company. Part of Harrisburg Beer Week and Sled Fest car show after party.
Step right up! Bands, burlesque, side show, aerial and more! Try your luck on our prize wheel, fortune telling and more. Serving our Miracle Elixirs from Magic Hat Brewing At THE pleasure palace HMAC upstairs in the capitol room. Fine foods and lively spirits! Join us for a night of continuous pleasure and guaranteed to cure what ails you! Tickets are $20 at the door.