33+ Ways to Celebrate the Holidays
Cheers! The holidays are here!
Houses are lit with twinkling lights, Hallmark’s Christmas movies began airing months ago, and local holiday events are in full swing.
There is no shortage of holiday fun in our area — from family fun to beer/wine/booze events, and we have assembled a list below to help you find the perfect outing for friends and family alike.
First on your list should be our own Ugly Sweater Party + Holiday Movie at Whitaker Center on Tuesday, Dec. 5!
(Party is free; ticket is for movie only.)
If you’re still shopping, and let’s face it, you probably are, be sure to check out our Gift Guides, and keep an eye out for more holiday content from SaraBozich.com throughout the season.
Theater & Cinema
- Pennsylvania Regional Ballet’s “The Nutcracker” – Dec. 2-3 at The Scottish Rite Theatre
- Midtown Cinema’s Holiday Movie Series (p.s. grab a crowler of ZerØday beer before heading in.)
- Holiday Movie Series at Whitaker Center — Now-Dec. 9
- White Christmas at The Dutch Apple Theatre — Now-Jan 6.
- A Popcorn Hat Player’s Christmas Carol — Now-Dec. 16
- A Christmas Carol at Open Stage — Dec. Now-23
- The 2017 Christmas Show: Home for the Holidays at American Music Theatre — Now-Dec. 30
- Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer The Musical at The Hershey Theatre — Dec. 6-7
- Down In Front! Holiday Double Feature at Midtown Cinema — Dec. 8
- The Santaland Diaries — Dec. 8, 14, 15, 21, 22 at Open Stage Harrisburg
- The Santaland Diaries On Tour! at River City Blue — Dec. 10 & 17
- Interactive Dinner Theatre at Mount Hope — Dec. 8-23
- Hershey Symphony Holiday Spectacular — Dec. 9
- Central Pennsylvania Youth Ballet “The Nutcracker” — Whitaker Center Dec. 9-10; The Hershey Theatre 16-17
- Holiday Movie Series at Strand-Capitol Theatre
- Trans-Siberian Orchestra at Giant Center — Dec. 15
- Amy Grant and Michael W. Smith Christmas at Giant Center — Dec. 17
- Kenny G: The Miracle Holiday and Hits Tour at Strand-Capitol Theater – Dec. 18
- Straight No Chaser at The Hershey Theatre — Dec. 23
Harrisburg’s historic Fort Hunter has been celebrating the holiday season every year with a variety of events for all ages. If you haven’t been to the 200-year old mansion, there is no better time than the holidays.
- Christmas at Fort Hunter — Now-Dec. 31
- Toy Train Exhibit — Saturdays & Sundays Now-Dec. 23
- Festival of Trees — Saturdays & Sundays Now-Dec. 17
- “Kid’s Only” Holiday Shop — Saturdays & Sundays Dec. 2-17
- Santa’s Reindeer and Mrs. Santa — Dec. 9
- Triumphant Brass in Concert — Dec. 17
For the whole family
- HBG Flea December Holiday Market at Strawberry Square — Dec. 2, 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Breakfast with Santa at Greystone Public House — Dec. 16 from 9-11 a.m.
- Santa at The Vineyard and Brewery at Hershey — Dec. 10
- 12 Tastes of Christmas Holiday Walking Tour in Gettysburg — Dec. 2, 16, 23
- Holidays at Whitaker Center — Now-Dec. 31
- Breakfast with Santa at Hershey’s Chocolate World – Now-Dec. 30
- Hershey’s Holly Jolly Trolley Tour — Now-Dec. 31
- Hershey’s Sweet Lights — Now-Jan. 1
- Christmas & Cars at the AACA Museum — Now-Dec. 31
- Christmas Spirit Light Show in Lancaster — Now-Jan. 1