Summer zoomed by, didn’t it?
I did my fair share of travel and relaxation, and I’m actually looking forward to a slower fall (though if the below is any indication, it’s unlikely to happen). I can’t wait for lazy football Sundays (the off-season version of the Sunday Funday) and our annual “Harvest Festival.”
For many of you, fall means pumpkin spice everything, but for me, it’s all about those Pennsylvania apples. I was lucky enough to hand-pick a few myself this weekend — it truly doesn’t get fresher than that.
Pumpkin beers and Oktoberfest märzens are already on shelves (and in bellies), and soon these dog days of summer will soften into cool, crisp jeans-and-sweatshirt weather to match our moods.
September continues to be — easily — one of the most action-packed times of year. It’s also Bourbon Heritage Month (more on that soon), Yoga Month, Labor Day — and eventually (be patient) the true start of fall.
As is tradition, we’ve compiled some of the best for you — so bookmark this, dig out your calendar and grab your friends for a fun-filled 30 days.
- FREE HAPPY HOUR! The next #sbhh (SaraBozich.com Happy Hour) is TOMORROW (Sept. 2) at River City Blues.
- LABOR DAY WEEKEND: KIPONA
- The Chili Cookoff moves to Flinchy’s this Saturday, Sept. 5.
- Hanover Chili Cookoff is Sept. 6.
- foodstruck: Central Pennsylvania’s Largest Food Truck Party is Sept. 6.
- The York Fair runs Sept. 11-20.
- Dauphin County Jazz & Wine Festival celebrates a weekend of wine and live music Sept. 11-13.
- It’s also The Hotel Hershey Wine & Food Festival, running Sept. 11-13.
- NEW! The Harrisburg-Hershey Film Festival runs Sept. 11-13 at Midtown Cinema.
- Troegs Rugged Trail 5K Run for conservation is Sept. 12 at Ned Smith Center.
- Harrisburg University hosts a block party to celebrate 10 years.
- On Sept. 12, Appalachian Brewing Co. hosts its annual 18th Capital City Invitational Beer Fest – in two sessions, which also kicks off Oktoberfest at the brewpub.
- Also that day, Snitzelfest at Snitz Creek Brewery. Stay tuned to WIN a Snitz Creek gift card!
- Celtic Craic Music Fest at Blarney’s Twisted Pub is Sept. 12. WIN FREE TICKETS!
- The 11th annual Gettysburg Wine & Music Festival is Sept. 12-13.
- Liquid Hero Homebrew Fest and Balderdash Brewfest 2015 at Dill’s Tavern & Plantation are both on Sept. 12.
- Sept. 12 is also the date for the next Hummingbird Ridge Winery/Newberrytown Peddlers Market collab featuring Tom Petty tribute band.
- Art Association of Harrisburg’s 27th annual Gallery Walk is Sept. 13.
- Harrisburg’s 2015 Restaurant Week is actually two! Taste your way around the city from Sept. 14-18 and 21-25.
- America’s Largest RV Show lands in Hershey Sept. 16-20.
- Lancaster Brewing Company’s Oktoberfest celebration starts Sept. 18.
- The SaraBozich.com Late Night #BoozeCruise is Saturday, Sept. 19. Get tickets NOW while they last.
- Sept. 19 also is the 33rd annual Hummelstown Arts Festival, on Main Street near the Square.
- The World-Famous Merlot and Flash Gourd’n Release Party 2015, the signature event for The Vineyard & Brewery at Hershey, is Sept. 19.
- Fall Winestock Harrisburg Wine & Beer Festival at Spring Gate on Sept. 19.
- Central Pennsylvania Rock and Mineral Club’s 50th Annual Gem, Mineral, and Jewelry Show on Sept. 19 at Zembo Shrine Auditorium.
- On Sunday, Sept. 20, The Vineyard at Grandview hosts the Grandview Bluegrass Festival.
- Sept. 20 marks Fort Hunter Day.
- Stoudt’s annual Oktoberfest celebration kicks-off on Sept. 20.
- Sept. 25-26 marks Oktoberfest at Spring Gate Brewery.
- City Island Brew Ha Ha is Sept. 26 at Metro Bank Park.
- Hauser Estate Winery hosts its Fall Frolic — complete with pig roast — on Sept. 26. Plus, Grape Stomping on Sept. 27.
- It’s not too early for this fall favorite: The 30th annual New Cumberland Apple Festival is Sept. 26.
- Museum Day Live! A nationwide event.
- The 2nd annual Lititz Craft Beer Fest will be held Sept. 27.
- On Sept. 27, take in nature with the Celebrate Wildwood! festival.
- Woofstock, the celebration of all things dogs — and benefiting the Central PA Animal Alliance — also is Sept. 27 in Riverfront Park.
- Zembo Shrine Annual Car and Cycle Show on Sept. 27 at the Zembo Parking Lots.
- 2014 Capitol All-Stars Charity Softball Game is Sept. 28 at Metro Bank Park.
- Join us Sept. 30 for another great Happy Hour event with SaraBozich.com at Zeroday Brewing Company. Sign-up here to be the first to hear about details!
BOOKMARK THIS: 41+ festivals & events happening this month http://t.co/J9DRT45PF6
— Sara Bozich (@sarabozich) September 7, 2015