Most people say that to get more into football you should join a fantasy league.
Now, for some people that is great and healthy. But for some people it could start a downward spiral that ends with your family finding you in a corner with spreadsheets of who your flex player that week should be.
Not that I am speaking from experience one-way or the other.
This is a Pick Em’ League, and if you’re not familiar with them, are so simple. You simply pick who you think will win each game that week.
Simple, fun and easy is what were all about here at SB.com.
There are three quick things you need to know.
- It’s completely free.
- You could win free wings for a year from Arooga’s (Or one of two sweet prize packages for runners-up)
- The deadline to sign up is Monday, Sept. 7 (Labor Day)
If you are interested this is what you need to do:
- Visit: sbcom.football.cbssports.com/e?ttag=13_cbspaste
- Sign-in or create a CBS Sports account (Don’t worry they wont spam you or show up at your house unannounced)
- Enter pool password: Aroogas
Make sure to look around the site to find out these things:
- How do I make my picks every week?
- When is the deadline to make my picks?
- General rules and regulations for the league?
- How do I trash talk?
The rules will come up on how to run the league, but a few days before your first pick is due, which will be Sept. 10 — the NFL kickoff and the Steelers first game — we will send you an email to remind you of everything.
OK, REAL QUICK, LET’S TALK PRIZE DETAILS:
Arooga’s — our local wing and all sports all the time destination — has generously provided some great prizes for those of you who don’t get too discouraged when an Intern is kicking your ass up and down the field (let the trash talking begin).
- 1st place: Free wings for a year*
- 2nd place: Arooga’s Swag Basket with $25 gift card, Arooga’s branded t-shirt, 2 bottles of award winning wing sauces
- 3rd place: Arooga’s Swag Basket with $20 gift card, Arooga’s branded cocktail mason jar, Arooga’s branded pint glass, and 1 bottle of award winning wing sauce.
Until then, check the scouting reports, watch the preseason and set your watches for 8 p.m. Sept. 10 and tune into NBC to watch the Steelers pummel The Patriots (or so Sara and I hope).
Oh, and keep reading SaraBozich.com.
*5 free wings per week for one year. Other restrictions apply.