It’s official: Christmas tree photos are plaguing Facebook, Christmas music is everywhere — and there may even be some snow in the forecast in the next week or so — The Holiday Season is upon us.
There is no shortage of holiday fun in our area, and the below guide will help you find things for friends and family alike (or solo! Never be ashamed to enjoy any of these on your own!)
If you’re still shopping (even for yourself), be sure to check out our Gift Guides, too. We’ve got a little something for everyone.
Plus, stay tuned this week for some fun ways to celebrate the holidays at home (um, beer + cookie pairing, anyone?), and maybe we’ll even fess up about our Hallmark/Lifetime Christmas movie habit.
Meanwhile, grab the virtual highlighter and find some fun ways to celebrate the season!
Theater & cinema
A night out at the theater with dinner prior is a great way to get into the holiday spirit. There are plenty of local and national performances that are heading through our area.
Local cinemas will also be reeling out the classic and more modern holiday movies so you have a chance to see all of your favorites on the big screen.
- Midtown Cinema Holiday Movie showings (p.s. grab a crowler of your favorite ZerøDay beer before heading in)
- Santaland Diaries – Dec. 11 Federal Taphouse; Dec. 9, 20, 22 Open Stage Harrisburg
- Strand Capitol Theater Holiday Movie showings
- Whitaker Center Holiday Film Series
- Dutch Apple Theater: Holly Jolly Christmas -Now through Dec.31
- Elf: The Musical – Dec. 6-8
- Manheim Steam Roller – Dec. 9
- A Popcorn Hat Christmas Carol – Now through Dec. 17
- Central Pennsylvania Youth Ballet: The Nutcracker -Whitaker Center Dec. 10 & 11; Hershey Theater Dec. 17 & 18
- Triumphant Brass Concert – Dec. 19
Harrisburg’s Fort Hunter has been celebrating the holidays every year with a variety of events with something for everyone. If you haven’t been to the 200-year-old house, there is no better time than Christmas.
- Christmas at Fort Hunter – Now-Dec. 31
- “Kids Only” Holiday Shop – Dec. 10-11
- Toy Train Exhibit – Dec. 10-11, 17-18
- Festival of Trees – Dec. 10-11, 17-18
- Santa’s Reindeer & Mrs. Santa – Dec. 10
For the whole family
- Santa at The Vineyard and Brewery at Hershey – Dec. 11
- Hershey’s Chocolate World: Breakfast with Santa- Now through Dec. 24
- Hershey’s Holly Jolly Tour – Dec. 9-11, 17-31
- Hershey’s Sweet Lights: Now-Jan. 1
- Cars & Christmas at AACA: Now-Dec. Dec. 31
- Holidays at Mount Hope: Dec. 9-31
While there is plenty to do, there is also ample opportunity to simply grab a drink with friends and family. Whether it’s a glass of wine or a flight of beer, be sure to keep it #local. I know I will.