Troegs’ infamous holiday brew, Mad Elf, has been named the number one Christmas beer in Don Russell’s new book, Christmas Beer: The Cheeriest, Tastiest, and Most Unusual Holiday Brews.
Mad Elf, a regional holiday must-have, is the first named out of 50 top holiday craft beers. The book is a fun, interesting read, complete with suggested food pairings for each brew. (Mad Elf is recommended with a bacon quiche.)
Man, these weekends keep sneaking up on me. I’m spending the majority of the weekend in Hershey (Tonight, Hersheypark in the Dark; Saturday, PAWs Masquerade Ball at the Antique Auto Museum; Sunday, Falconry).
- Tonight, my favorite party band is at Shakey’s.
- ABC has the annual Boobie Bash tomorrow night at 8 p.m.
- Morgan’s Place has a Chelsy’s Heroes fundraiser on Saturday. $20 donation puts a plaque with your name on it on the bar.
- Tomorrow is also The Great Midtown Cleanup. Join the cause and help make our neighborhood better.
- Sunday brings Halloween Radio Theater, a seasonal regular at the Abbey Bar. Original comedy for mature audiences. $5 donation benefits Bethesda Mission. Starts at 6:30 p.m. View a clip here.
- Do you have dreams of being on stage? Try Open Stage‘s “Auditioning for the Theater” workshop from 2-6 p.m. Saturday and Sunday. Ages 14-adult.
Casual four-course dining is coming to York next month. Agrodolce, an Italian BYOB restaurant, is slated to open in November as part of the Codo project at 241 North George St. in downtown York.
Agrodolce, which means “sweet and sour” in Italian, will focus on fresh and seasonal ingredients while incorporating more unusual cuisine for the area, like sweetbreads, veal cheeks and roasted suckling pig. Upscale cuisine in a casual atmosphere.
Read more about Agrodolce after the jump.
Friends of Midtown has partnered with the Harrisburg Clean Streets Project and the Environmental Law & Policy Society of Widener University School of Law to bring you “THE GREAT MIDTOWN CLEANUP” starting at 9 a.m. this Saturday, Oct. 18.
This ambitious project aims to clean the entire Midtown area. Volunteers are wanted!
Participants will meet at HACC Midtown Campus north parking lot. Bags, gloves and bottled water will be provided, as well as refreshments after the event. The number of routes covered will depend on the number of attendees.
To participate, please RSVP by emailing either email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 717-695-0253.
More information after the jump.