In case you don’t subscribe to The New York Times or its online Times Select feature, the story on Mayor Reed and the Wild West Museum (which made the front page, no less), is available online, subscription free at the L.A. Daily News. The full text also follows, in case the link becomes inactive.
A personal side project for the pair, the new version boasts the following updates:
- A fresh, new look for 2007
- Discussion Forums
- RSS Feeds
- Photo Sets
- Improved photo-submission process
- and more!
Ah, it’s flurrying again.
Things to do while at home this Sunday:
- Start reading The Central PA Gazelle. We don’t know who’s writing this, but we know we like this Harrisburg version of The Onion. Note today’s post on deciphering the state’s weather alert system.
- Bookmark blogHarrisburg.com. (Dave, this is your long-awaited post.) It’s hard to keep track of all these crazy local bloggers, so Dave does it for you with one easy web address. Or two.
- Download HIMYM, or, in English, How I Met Your Mother. If you’re not watching this on Monday nights, you should be. I hope that The New Adventures of Old Christine returns quickly, too. This egg of a show, “Rules of Engagement” needs to move on. Didn’t we get our fill of David Spade with 7 seasons of Just Shoot Me!? Christine provides full belly laughs I don’t remember having with any show but HIMYM.
- Start your piece for The Mantis Collective‘s “Reveal.” Read details here.
- Come over and shovel my walk, car and driveway. You know I’m not going to do it.
So later that day, or maybe the next, I get some more emails about Peter Pan and their product recall and yes, salmonella is the culprit. I check the number on my can – yep, mine is part of that batch. I didn’t get sick from the amount I did eat, but I’d rather be safe than sorry over a $2 can of peanut butter.
If you have any questions about the recall or how to proceed, click here.
Perhaps it’s my ignorance on food-borne toxins, but could someone please explain to me how salmonella, a bacteria I equate with raw chicken, gets into PEANUT BUTTER??