Loyal followers know that today's Weekend roundup is coming to you live from the Outer Banks. I'm back tomorrow evening, busy with two bridal showers on Saturday and may get a new pet on Sunday (I'll keep you posted on that, too).
At home, this weekend is filled with events of all sorts. Tomorrow's column will talk about some artistic events around Harrisburg, as well as a lead on some specials at the PA Ren Faire. Here's what else is going down:
- Spice's White Party, originally scheduled for tonight, has been canceled. Don't know why.
- It's Ladies Night Out at Rillo's and the theme is a Beach Luau. Have dinner, build a sandcastle – the whole shebang.
- "Get Lucky" tonight at Privado with $2 domestics, $3 drinks, $4 martinis. And no, I don't know why "drinks" are $3 – Isn't a martini a drink?
- Friday at the Hilton it's a Fiesta Espanol Happy Hour – Tapas & sangria for $15
- Tomorrow is also musicFriday at Annex 24 Gallery in Lancaster
- Start your Saturday at the Cordier Antiques Real Estate Auction
- Los Straitjackets play their surf rock sounds at ABC's Abbey Bar Saturday night. Buy your tickets here.
- Saturday, Garrason's has $2.50 Troegs bottles and $5 Garrason's Lemonade all day.
- Beginning this week, Arooga's 15 hosts an All-Video Dance Party every Sunday with DJ Caraby
- Sundays at Lancaster Brewing Co.'s Harrisburg location feature 1/2 price wings and $3 pints all day.
- Tuesday, Aug. 25, "Get the Fresh Herb Habit" via a class at Cornerstone Coffeehouse's Culinary Kitchen.