By the time you read this, I’ll be just hours away from a mini-vacation (probably the only kind I’ll get this year – but I’m not complaining – wait ’til you hear what I’m doing next weekend). I’m heading southeast to what we affectionately term, Slower Lower Delaware. A weekend with the girls, in fact. Lots of white wine, mimosas and a heavenly forecast. However, there’s plenty to do right here, too:
- Your favorite local – and beach- band, Green Eggs, takes the stage tomorrow night at the West Shore Hardware Bar
- Saturday morning, that team of walkers you see on Front Street and City Island is Highmark’s Walk for a Healthy Community, benefiting a variety of local charities.
- It’s ABC‘s anniversary party this Saturday – including a FREE concert featuring Cracker! Food, brew, fun, etc.
- Niko’s in Lebanon also celebrates an anniversary – its 2nd – with an 80s prom theme, giveaways, drink specials and DJ Chip.
- Brewhouse Grille has Brews for Boobies from 5-9 p.m. Saturday on the deck, benefiting Breast Cancer 3 Day & the Susan G. Komen Foundation.
- Jewelry, Fashion and Lingerie Show – at Flinchy’s? C’mon, are you really surprised? They’re always pulling out all the stops. $45 includes cocktails, food and guest speaker. Proceeds benefit Pinnacle Health. Stop in for this afternoon treat from 1-4 p.m.
- Confit French Bistro (now on Twitter) is hosting a wine tasting dinner at 5 p.m. on Sunday. $70. E-mail for info or reservations.
- Yesterday, I announced on Twitter that Doc Holliday’s had closed. However, this does not affect the New Cumberland location – the Comedy Zone lives on. In fact, renovations are planned.